Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Week 1 - Item 1 and 2 - Life Long Learning

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler, Futurist

For a long time the above quote has been a favorite. After teaching for 26 years I have learned, unlearned, and relearned many aspects of education, technology, and life in general. The philosophy Toffler espouses ties into life long learning. After listening and viewing the 7 1/2 Habits of Life Long Learners I view my best habit as setting the goal. Usually the goal is what drives me to accomplish something. I know what I want to do and work toward that goal.

I found it interesting in Habit 5 when they talked of creating your own learning toolbox. Doing this is something that seems to naturally happen but I never really thought about it consciously before.

The habit I need to work on most is Habit 7 1/2. Play is not my best aspect in professional or personal life. Time and the amount of other tasks usually seems to be the factor to limit play. I will work on playing with the activities for the next few weeks.

Interesting. I just found that I can access this at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment