Looking through the suggested wikis was interesting. Some things I found of little use but particularly enjoyed the School Library section of the Library Bloggers Wiki. The wiki had posting to many school wikis and blogs. Seeing the postings gives a view into the school atmosphere in the library.
Some were very current and informative. Some maintained by the library media specialist and others had postings from others as well. Others had not been updated for at least a year and would be of little use. If as the librarian you invested the time into the project and were able to train the students to use the site it would be a great asset. I especially enjoyed the site where the librarian posted pathfinders to research projects. I have just started that in our library on paper. I can see the advantage of posting it on line.
For me this is a down the line project. As a librarian in a building of 800 with no aide and an outdated collection there are other pressing issues to deal with first. My concern would be the amount of time to develop and maintain such sites. I love the idea, see the applications, but am just not sure I can maintain it yet. But the exciting part is that I am going to keep the idea on the back burner and look for the proper time and outlet to start. I do think this exploration helped me see Blogging a bit more usefully in the library.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment