Thursday, April 9, 2009

Week 4 - Item 9 Searching for Feeds

I really liked but was a bit scared by Topix.net. When I clicked on the link it took me to our local paper. It made me wonder how did it know where I was and what I might want without entering any information.

That also brings up the other thing that has been bothering me about much I have been looking at. What does a person need to think about as they participate in Web 2.0 but still want to keep their privacy. As we look at each item I keep looking at and for the privacy capabilities. From lurking in My Space my students are terrible at keeping things private and may get into issues some day over what they have put on line. As a teacher and a librarian I also know that something on line can cause issue with your employment. Where is my private life vs my teacher life on line? Is it wise for me to participate in these forums?

Google Blog Search does help to put some organization to Blogs. I am not sure I would subscribe to blogs but it is interesting to know how to find things.

No comments:

Post a Comment