Friday, April 24, 2009

Week 6 - Item 13 Delicious

Earlier in the adventure of Web 2.0 exploration I decided to start a Delicious account. At that time I imported the bookmarks to Delicious but I really did not understand tags and how to use the site.

After going through the tutorials I have more of an understanding of what is going on. I went through the sites I added earlier and established tags. After a bit of tagging and re-tagging I got the hang of things. So currently my bookmarks in Delicious are tagged.

I can see lots of uses but a couple of problems for me to overcome. First I have to keep the sign in to Delicious and the password with me so that I can use it at school. Once I get it in my notebook I will be set. Second I have to develop the habit of using Delicious. Currently I bookmark at home and school. Things are fine at home but at school we often have the bookmarks disappear over the summer. That makes Delicious all the more appealing.

I also love looking at the tags when they are listed by font size that shows the tags with the most sites listed. As a visual person it stand out where I have the most sites tagged.

Like any good thing if you develop the habit and you will benefit. I will work on using Delicious in the next several weeks and see where it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment