Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 5 - Item 11 Web 2.0 Award List

I started by looking over the short list and was amazed to see how many things were listed so I went back to the whole award list and read through items. Some things I knew about such as Facebook, Del.icio.us, and Lulu. Others I had never heard of and can't even imagine how to use them.

I specifically looked at LibraryThing. It took a bit to understand what to do but the idea is that you enter books you have read or would like to read. Then you can enter discussion groups that focus on various topics. The interesting this was as you added titles and then went back home other books appeared that might interest you. I can see some use for this in helping to determine what to read next. For me I have too many things to read already and would prefer face to face discussions rather than online interactions.

One feature of LibraryThing is that you can enter your home and search for book related events, book stores and libraries in the area. This is an interesting feature for both libraries and for patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment